Baby shower gifts provide friends and family the opportunity to help new parents accumulate the essential items needed during a baby’s first year.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Things to Consider Before Selecting a Baby Shower Gift
What type of relationship do you have with the expectant mother?
First, it is important to consider the relationship you have with the expectant mother. When choosing a baby gift for someone you have a very close and intimate relationship with, you often have more latitude. For a close relative or a best friend, chances are you will have greater insight into that person’s likes and dislikes as well as their wants and needs. For example, if your sister is expecting a child and you know that her budget is tight, you may consider purchasing a practical baby shower gift. For a close friend or relative, you may wish to get creative and design your own baby gift basket. Alternatively, if you are shopping for a baby gift for a coworker or new friend, you may consider purchasing a more traditional item such as a gift card or savings bond, a piggybank, or baby clothes.
Are you purchasing a gift for a first-time parent?
When considering baby shower gifts, it is often helpful to consider whether or not you’re shopping for a first-time mother? For example, a new mother is more likely to need necessity items, such as a car seat or stroller, a crib, baby monitors, etc. However, a mother expecting her second or third child is more likely to have a changing table already and may not need some of the more basic items.
Baby shower etiquette
The baby shower invitation will likely provide all of the essential information regarding the baby shower. In addition to the basic details such as time and place, the invitation will likely indicate whether there is a specific baby shower theme, what the baby’s gender is (if the parents know), and where to find the baby registry. Although there is no steadfast rule stating you must purchase a gift from the baby registry, the registry lists a wide selection of baby shower gifts that the parents will surly appreciate. Usually, the baby registry pinpoints baby shower gifts that span across all budgets- which makes it a helpful tool for finding a meaningful gift regardless of your budget.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Our favorite baby shower gifts include…
- Gund Winky Lamb Baby Rattle This soft and snugly lamb is made of a high quality polyester blend and contains rattle beads for added sensory stimulation. This adorable lamb provides auditory and tactile stimulation essential for the optimum growth and development of babies. With beautifully embroidered nose and eyes, this soft toy is safe for your babies and makes a great gender neutral baby shower gift.
- Infant Optics DXR-8 Baby MonitorInfant Optics developed the first baby monitor with interchangeable lens allowing mom to visually monitor the baby’s entire room. The 3.5 inch LCD display provides a crystal clear image, and the long-lasting battery provides 6 hours of continuous video coverage or 10 hours in power-saving mode. This plug and play technology makes set up a breeze. Unlike internet cameras, Infant Optics transmits securely guaranteeing 100% digital privacy. Two-way talk, invisible IR night vision and remote temperature display are just a few of the amazing features this device has to offer.
- Sophie la Giraffe by VulliSophie has become a very popular baby shower gift and for good reason- babies love it. The pliable material allows babies to easily bend and bite its neck and legs, and the high-quality rubber is soft and gentle on babies’ gums. Sophie’s hand-painted high contrast spots are visually appealing to young infants. Manufactured using all natural rubber and food-grade dye, babies can safely lick and chew without ingesting any harmful chemicals. More than just a teether, Sophie encourages the developmental growth of babies’ sensory and motor skills.
- Babysoy organic long sleeve modern solid kimono bodysuit/onesieIn addition to an organic cotton option, Babysoy offers an eco-friendly option made from non-GMO soy fibers. Smoother than cashmere, this amazing fabric is great for keeping your baby dry and comfortable. The unique material wicks away moisture and helps retain body heat. With snaps along the side, the kimono-style makes dressing your baby a breeze.
- Twelve Hours’ Sleep by Twelve Weeks OldThis book is essential for any new parent who enjoys sleeping through the night. This book provides practical, easy to follow tips and tricks to gently and lovingly sleep train a baby. Considered a miracle by many new parents, this gift will surly prove useful.
- Zutano Unisex-Baby Newborn Cozie Fleece BootiesZutano’s Cozie baby booties are a great baby shower gift for either a boy or girl. With two layers of high quality fleece, they will surly keep your baby’s feet nice and warm. Unlike other baby booties, the wraparound two-snap design prevents them from falling off. These kick-proof baby booties are an essential newborn baby item.
- Beaba Baby CookThis steam cooker and blender makes a wonderful gifts for health conscious moms who would like to create their own all natural baby food using fresh fruits and vegetables. The quick 15 minute cook time provides a hassle-free way for busy moms to make homemade baby food that is healthy and fresh.
The DockATot is designed to provide babies with a snug and soothing environment that feels similar to a mother’s womb. It provides babies with a safe and secure place to rest, play and lounge.
The Blue Mini Modern Layette Cuddle BoxAlthough a little pricey, Monica and Andy Cuddle Boxes are packed with a wide variety of upscale high-quality baby gear perfect for your baby’s first couple of days through their first few weeks. You can even contact them directly to create your own customized Mini. This thoughtful and creative gift is sure to be a baby shower hit!
- DRIA Nursing Cover Okay, perhaps we seem a little biased. That being said, this is an awesome gender neutral gift for both mom and baby. The organic, hypoallergenic, breathable Lenzing Modal fabric is super soft and comfortable acting as a protective shield against the sun’s harmful UV rays. This multi use nursing cover provides comprehensive front and back coverage allowing moms to conveniently and discreetly breastfeed- anywhere. Not just a fashionable poncho, the DRIA Nursing Cover doubles as a stroller and car seat cover as well as a safe and cozy blanket. The designer fabric and fashionable fit make the DRIA Cover a beloved wardrobe staple even after the nursing stage.
These are ten of our favorite baby shower gifts guaranteed to please any expectant mom.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]